5 Helpful Window Cleaning Tips for Homeowners
Window cleaning is an essential part of any comprehensive cleaning routine. Regardless of whether you opt to clean your windows once a week or once a month, window cleaning is something that you must still eventually do to keep your home in pristine condition. In this post, we take a look at some helpful window cleaning tips for homeowners to help you make your window cleaning experience a more pleasant one.
The Importance of Window Cleaning
Window cleaning is an essential part of home upkeep and maintenance. Your windows can have multiple functions, including letting natural light enter your home and providing ventilation. Keeping them clean can thus help you ensure that you get as much natural light as possible, along with a clear view of your home’s surroundings. Cleaning your windows can also help you prevent a build-up of grime, dirt or even mould, all of which might cause allergies and illnesses.
5 Useful Window Cleaning Tips
Here are 5 helpful window cleaning tips to help you make your window cleaning experience a more pleasant one:
1. Start with a Dry Clean: Before using any window cleaning solutions, start by wiping down your windows with a dry cloth or dusting them down. This is known as a dry clean and can help you prevent smearing when you apply your window cleaning solutions.
2. Use a Window Cleaning Solution: Instead of just using regular soap, use a solution that has been specially formulated for cleaning windows. This can help you more effectively get rid of any stains that might have formed on your windows without damaging them.
3. Use Microfibre Cloths and Squeegees: Microfibre cloths are much more effective than regular cloths in absorbing water, and they also dry much quicker. You can scrape down your windows with a squeegee before passing over them with a microfibre cloth to avoid the formation of water stains.
4. Clean Your Window Sills and Frames: In addition to the glass panes, you should also aim to clean your window sills and frames. Dirt and grime can also build up around your windows, and cleaning these areas can help you improve the overall cleanliness of your home.
5. Inspect for Damage: While cleaning your windows, inspect them as well for any damage, such as scratches or cracks in the glass. Check for corrosion or other forms of wear and tear along the window frames and sills too. If you find that your windows have been damaged, consider replacing them altogether to minimise potential hazards such as glass shards from chipped window panes.
Get Your Custom Windows from Valley Windows
For the highest quality custom windows in Melbourne, contact Valley Windows today! Our team of experts has decades of industry experience and can recommend the best window solutions for you. We also have countless timber and aluminium window designs for you to choose from, and we can guarantee that we’ll have something for your tastes and preferences.